Full Time Job Opportunity
We don’t sell shoes – we provide options for comfort in both our podiatry clinics and shoe stores.
HealthWalks is a unique clinic providing podiatry services, custom orthotics, and a full-
service shoe store specializing in wide footwear. We provide specialty foot services for
the community and stock more than 25 top brands including the largest selection of
Birkenstocks in Nova Scotia! We have become known for our specialized training and our
Our expansion to open a new clinic in Truro requires the addition of a new staff person to cover
both locations involving themselves in all areas of the business. This individual will become Team
Lead and be the face of the company in the community at events.
The starting wage is $13.00 per hour, Monday to Friday, 9-5 with potential to cover the shoe store
in Truro on Saturdays. This is for the 6 month probationary period so we can determine the value
you bring to the company. We are offering a unique job with an opportunity to
have fun, shine in the customer service world with a mix of administration duties and
specialized education based retail and marketing.
As Team Lead, you will be entrusted to provide exemplary customer service
both during podiatry clinic days and in our store, pursue and execute sales, maintain and
enhance our social media presence and provide administrative support when needed.
Our ideal candidate presents with confidence as both professional and charismatic and
thrives under minimal supervision.
to provide people the choice of dancing out of our facility after receiving the very best education and health options related to their feet and legs. We want to work with engaged people who have challenges with foot and leg comfort to allow them to remain in rural Nova Scotia while receiving specialized wellness intervention.
Our Core Values:
we work as a respectful team, receiving and showing respect from and to all coworkers and customers without any one person’s needs put ahead of the rest
we offer an education-based approach to health, providing options for comfort
we empower ourselves and others to take an active role in their health decisions
we are growth-oriented - personally to be and do better and as a team, for the good of the company
If this aligns with your personality and your beliefs, then read on about the specific job requirements:
Receptionist duties including but not limited to:
Answering the phone and greeting clientele as they come in the Clinic.
Booking appointments using scripts.
Assisting the Podiatrist with patient files.
organization of admin area and systems
Shoe store duties including but not limited to:
Educating customers on their options.
Completing footwear sales.
Keeping the retail area clean, tidy and organized.
sales training ongoing
Online presence duties including but not limited to:
Assisting with Social Media applications mainly Facebook.
Assisting with the development and proofing of marketing materials such as our monthly Clinic Newsletter and ongoing brochures.
Inventory management including but not limited to:
Receiving shipments from Vendors.
Periodic manual inventories.
Vacation coverage as needed which may require working more hours.
Develop plans to utilize our current software more effectively, maximizing their capabilities.
Other duties as required to meet a business need.
For the ideal candidate:
1. We provide all training; no sales experience is necessary
2. Preference will be given to applicants with a keen understanding of social media
3. Impeccable attention to detail with the ability to write persuasively and error free
4. Adaptability and motivation; the desire and commitment to continuous learning
and seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
5. Will be a self starter, moving on ideas before being asked.
If you meet the above criteria, and would like to join our team, please submit the
1. Your resume with cover letter along with 3 references
2. Please complete the Disc Personality Profile found at this link and hitting the TAKE
ASSESSMENT button. Please e-mail the results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A compelling vision following these guidelines:
This is a creative writing exercise. The goal of this exercise is to have you provide some evidence
regarding your writing skills but this also gives us a sense of who you are and how well you would fit as
part of our team.
Please feel free to be as creative as you feel comfortable. This is not meant to be a test.
To Include (mandatory list):
• 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 page written or Up to 1⁄2 page typed
Your ideal hours to work
Your ideal daily routine
• Your ideal environment in which to work including co workers, physical space etc
• Your pay by hour or by yearly salary
What kind of customers you would like to see
What your training period would be like versus when you are independently on your own
• Your aspirations regarding continuing education and how you see this fitting into the job
• How this job fits into the bigger picture of your career goals and your spare time aspirations
• Feel free to be creative, funny, witty
• Exaggerate – have fun with it! Nothing can happen unless we first dream it! • Cover as many topics as
you choose outside of the mandatory list
Think about it as the “IDEAL SITUATION” = Your dream jobPlease provide your preferred clinic location in
your subject line.
To summarize, please send to in 2 e-mails:
1. resume, cover letter and compelling vision exercise
2. DISC Personality Profile results